The Babbage development consists of a nine slot not-permanently attended installation with five horizontal multi-fracced gas wells currently in production. Below is the Recommended Publicly Available Information in accordance with the Infrastructure Code of Practice.
|First oil||August 2010 (discovered January 1989)|
|Current participation||NEO Energy (SNS) Limited (Operator, 60%), Dana Petroleum E&P Limited (40%)|
|Platforms||Not permanently attended installation (NPAI)|
|Offloading||Gas exported via a 28km, 12” pipeline to the West Sole System where it enters a 68km, 24” pipeline to Perenco Easington Terminal and flows onwards to Dimlington Gas Terminal for processing to National Grid specifications before export into the National Transmission System.|
|Approx. distance to land||105 km north east of Hull|
|Fuel import||n/a, diesel fuelled generator|
|Personnel on board||Average 11 (when manned), maximum 30|
|Location||SNS: Block 48/2a|
|Design life||25 years|
|Water depth||42 metres|
|Wells||5 producers (4 spare slots)|
Processing facilities overview
- Nine slot minimum facilities platform, operating efficiency >98%
- 75 mmscf/d design capacity, no gas processing facilities
- Limited separation with installed 50 mmscf/d test separator and wet gas metering
- Produced water treatment (not currently in use, minimal volumes of water are exported with gas)
- Proppant cyclones, chemical injection facilities (corrosion inhibitor and KHI for export)
- Power generation, crane and helideck
- Utilities and accommodation for thirty people
- Communications via Line of Sight to West Sole then to Dimlington Terminal
- Remote control room service provided from Dimlington Terminal operated by Perenco
- Duty holder contract with ODE, well operator contract with Fraser Well Management
- Minimal environmental impact (local venting only, no flare, low power requirements, water exported with gas)
The capacity information is shown using colour coded traffic lights that reflect thresholds of availability over the next five years.
|Gas export||75 mmscf/d|
|Produced water handling*||12 m3/d|
*Constraint based on commercial agreement, not plant capacity
|Total sulphur||<35 ppm|
|Water content||<12 m3/d|
|Gross CV||36.87-42.25 MJ/m3|
|Shut in WHP||<280 barg|
|Export entry point pressure||<82.7 barg|
Same as entry specification for Babbage.
Delivery point at the Babbage Entry Point to the West Sole Bravo pipeline operated by Perenco.
All of the above information is provided by NEO Energy in accordance with the Infrastructure Code of Practice Guidelines. The information is provided:
- in good faith and without any liability
- without warranty, implied or express to its accuracy or relevance of use to any other party
- without obligation to provide any further information in respect of the agreement/transaction to which the summary information relates
- without any obligation to provide access to infrastructure or services on the same terms and conditions
NEO Energy reserves the right to update and change the information at any time.